Current Student Researchers
Update coming soon!
Lauren Menzer – A double-major candidate in Environmental Studies and Political Science, Lauren looks to graduate from UCSB in 2015. Her involvement and interest includes increasing sustainable awareness across UCSB as Co-Chair of the Zero Waste Committee, Outreach Staff for AS Recycling, a member of the Change Agent Waste Team, and an assistant for the CA Higher Education Sustainability Conference. She enjoys hand-making gifts for others and learning about sustainable agriculture. She aspires to join the Peace Corps and work in the environmental sector, furthering conservation and sustainable practices.
- Time served: Fall Quarter 2013 - Present
- Research topics: Behavioral Economics of Waste Management, Front-End Loader Scales Management
Izzy Parnell-Wolfe - Izzy is a Global Studies major and will graduate from UCSB in 2014. She is interested in waste management, specifically the sustainable practices of composting, which she hopes to investigate more as a R3C student-researcher. While she is not set on a definite career path, she would like to work in the field of environmental education, since it combines both youth and the environment. When not composting, Izzy can be found running, hiking, or snapping photos.
- Time served: Fall Quarter 2013 - Spring Quarter 2014
- Research topics: Behavioral Economics of Waste Management
Erin Gall – “Erin was the inaugural student researcher of the R3C. She graduated from UCSB in the spring of 2013 with a B.A. of Environmental Studies. Her personal and career interests include the outdoors, and local and sustainable food science.
- Time served: Winter Quarter 2013 - Summer Quarter 2013
- Research Topics: On-campus in-vessel composting at UCSB; Introducing front-end loader scales at UCSB