The Interactive Learning Pavilion will be a state-of-the-art educational facility that will enable UCSB to meet its current and projected enrollment growth, providing the necessary facilities to support teaching and learning on campus. The new building is sited in the heart of the UCSB Campus at the southern end of Library Mall and is designed as an extension of the campus experience. The Interactive Learning Pavilion is comprised of five tiered lecture halls, three active learning classrooms, and 20 discussion classrooms; in total, the new building will provide approximately 2,000 new classroom seats for the campus community. The form and materials of the building are inspired by the surrounding context, elevating the experience of campus with outdoor circulation and collaborations spaces across all levels featuring views to the campus and beyond. The project is targeting a minimum of LEED Gold certification and is designed as an all- electric facility without the need to use natural gas.
Work in progress:
- Installation of exterior stairs.
- Water testing of curtain wall windows.
- Installation of deck guardrail panels.
- Completion of roofing, roof parapet coping.
- Handrails, lecterns and projection screens in lecture halls.
- Interior mechanical, plumbing, electrical, communications, fire sprinkler, fire alarm and AV finish.
- Energize and commission building systems.
- Approval and activation of one elevator cab for construction, working on completion of second cab and elevator penthouse equipment.
- Site work around building perimeter, including finish grading, storm drain, hardscape, planting and irrigation.
- Furniture delivery.
- Final cleaning and punch list.
- Site construction fencing, demolition, clearing, construction trailers.
- Installation of transformer and emergency generator in mechanical yard.
- Underground utilities: sewer bypass, storm drain piping and devices, electrical and communications conduits, chilled water piping, recycled water main extension, new and relocated fire hydrants.
- Excavation, installation of foundations, steel framing, sheathing and exterior envelope waterproofing.
- Mechanical, electrical, plumbing, communications and AV rough in.
- Exterior masonry wall cladding, topping slabs on decks.
- Interior wall and ceiling finishes, fixtures, markerboard and trim in classrooms.
- Construction trailers relocated offsite.
- Northwest corner of site work complete – fence moved, area turned over to UCSB for use.
Completed Activity, previous related site preparation projects:
- Relocation of Modular Building 383.
- Construction of East and West Bike Paths.
- Demolition of Building 408.
- Removal of contaminated soil at Bldg. 408.
- Signage and traffic striping on UCEN Road.
- Construction of additional bike parking at Music East.
Project Manager & University Rep.:
Construction Start Date: