The Interactive Learning Pavilion will be a state-of-the-art educational facility that will enable UCSB to meet its current and projected enrollment growth, providing the necessary facilities to support teaching and learning on campus. The new building is sited in the heart of the UCSB Campus at the southern end of Library Mall and is designed as an extension of the campus experience. The Interactive Learning Pavilion is comprised of five tiered lecture halls, three active learning classrooms, and 20 discussion classrooms; in total, the new building will provide approximately 2,000 new classroom seats for the campus community. The form and materials of the building are inspired by the surrounding context, elevating the experience of campus with outdoor circulation and collaborations spaces across all levels featuring views to the campus and beyond. The project is targeting a minimum of LEED Gold certification and is designed as an all- electric facility without the need to use natural gas.
Work in progress:
- Structural steel erection.
- Installation of metal decking.
- Formwork for concrete stem walls on ground level.
- Beginning interior mechanical, plumbing and electrical utilities rough in.
- Restriping the northern portion of Lot 3.
- Continued installation of underground stormdrain piping.
- Construction and water testing of the building mock-ups.
- Preparation to remove large crane.
- Site construction fencing, site demolition & clearing, construction trailers.
- Underground utilities: sewer bypass, communications conduits, chilled water piping, recycled water main extension, fire hydrant relocation.
- Mass excavation and mud slabs poured.
- Mat slabs poured (appx. 4500 cubic yards).
- Waterproofing and backfill of mat slabs.
- Installation of Stormtech water retention system in Lot 3.
- Repaving and new curbs at portions of Lot 3.
Completed Activity, previous related site preparation projects:
- Relocation of Modular Building 383.
- Construction of East and West Bike Paths.
- Demolition of Building 408.
- Removal of contaminated soil at Bldg. 408.
- Signage and traffic striping on UCEN Road.
Project Manager & University Rep.:
Construction Start Date: