The Interactive Learning Pavilion will be a state-of-the-art educational facility that will enable UCSB to meet its current and projected enrollment growth, providing the necessary facilities to support teaching and learning on campus. The new building is sited in the heart of the UCSB Campus at the southern end of Library Mall and is designed as an extension of the campus experience. The Interactive Learning Pavilion is comprised of five tiered lecture halls, three active learning classrooms, and 20 discussion classrooms; in total, the new building will provide approximately 2,000 new classroom seats for the campus community. The form and materials of the building are inspired by the surrounding context, elevating the experience of campus with outdoor circulation and collaborations spaces across all levels featuring views to the campus and beyond. The project is targeting a minimum of LEED Gold certification and is designed as an all- electric facility without the need to use natural gas.
Work in progress:
- Installation of exterior wall cladding.
- Installation of exterior stairs.
- Installation of curtain wall windows, door frames, hollow metal doors.
- Framing of exterior soffits, plaster installation.
- Completion of roofing, roof parapet coping.
- Ceiling construction and finish in lecture halls.
- Raised stepped floor construction in Lecture Halls.
- Interior and exterior mechanical, plumbing, electrical, communications and AV rough in and finish.
- Energize building systems.
- Water testing of windows.
- Installation of elevators, penthouse equipment.
- Interior dry wall, paint, wall and ceiling finishes in classrooms, tile and toilet partitions in restrooms.
- Site work around building perimeter including finish grading, storm drain, hardscape, planting and irrigation.
- Site construction fencing, demolition, clearing, construction trailers.
- Installation of transformer and emergency generator in mechanical yard.
- Underground utilities: sewer bypass, storm drain piping and devices, electrical and communications conduits, chilled water piping, recycled water main extension, fire hydrants, new and relocated.
- Excavation, installation of foundation slabs, steel framing, sheathing and exterior envelope waterproofing.
- Construction trailers relocated offsite.
- Northwest corner of site work complete – fence moved, area turned over to UCSB for use.
Completed Activity, previous related site preparation projects:
- Relocation of Modular Building 383.
- Construction of East and West Bike Paths.
- Demolition of Building 408.
- Removal of contaminated soil at Bldg. 408.
- Signage and traffic striping on UCEN Road.
Project Manager & University Rep.:
Construction Start Date: